Saturday, January 07, 2012

a disclaimer

This probably goes without saying, but I am by no means an expert on the subject of thoughtfulness, and by starting this blog I am not claiming to be one.  I do think about people a LOT and always have good intentions of showing it . . . but I often fall short with follow-through.  

However, I have been blessed to know and observe many very thoughtful and considerate people in action, and I have taken note.  I love to learn from people.  I love to see how other people do things and what they consider standard social behavior.  Always bringing a hostess gift or contributing food at a get together; writing timely thank you notes for every gift received for your birthday; calling your mother once a day or once a week without fail; bringing cookies or bread to your new neighbors; regularly visiting elderly friends or family members; giving your grandma a call or card on her birthday; bringing dinner to a friend who is sick; sending sympathy and thinking of you cards when someone is ill or grieving . . . these are all things that some people just do.  I am so fascinated by this.  I hope these people comment on this blog.  :)

In all seriousness, I have wanted to put this idea into some form for years, and I really think a blog is a great place to do it because it allows for conversation.  So--while I am no expert--I realize I don't even have to be in order to start this conversation.  I am just going to keep observing and asking questions and writing about it here.  I can't wait.

Oh, and if you are already reading and have any experiences you would like to share or ideas for topics to cover, leave a comment below or email me at amberscarlson@gmail.com.  In what ways have others shown particular thoughtfulness or kindness to you?  What things do you try to do on a regular basis to show care and kindness to others?  I would  love to hear what you have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

blog comments are thoughtful . . . :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...