Friday, April 13, 2012

some mail and something amazing . . .

Happy Friday!

This post is a little late in coming, but I had to pull it together in time to share something amazing I saw today on the LWA blog . . .


See the envelopes above?  They are mailable Moleskine cashier notebooks!!   Moleskine calls them "Postal Notebooks."  I can't believe my eyes--it's the marriage of two of my most favorite things--Moleskines and envelopes!   Once again, the LWA keeps me up-to-date on all that's wonderful in the postal world.  Check out their post here and watch the cutest video (in French!) about the notebooks.  These are SUCH a great idea!!

I think the Note Cards (at the bottom of the photo above) are equally exciting.  They come with envelopes like regular greeting cards, but they have 4 inner pages for writing your message--a great design for long-winded types like me.

I can't wait to send Moleskines through the mail!  I am so excited.

On to the mail I actually have sent . . .

This was for my friend Kelley.  I got her a greeting card at Paper Source that said "Freak Out and Throw Stuff" (a parody of the popular "Keep Calm and Carry On").  Kelley has had a crazy year and has handled it with much grace, but I thought the card was funny and kind of fitting.



I attempted to address the envelope with calligraphy, but I messed up.  So I just had to make her an envelope.  This was funny because she kind of makes fun of me for my obsession with envelope making (even though she would totally be a sucker for it if she gave in).

This happy mail was for my sister Libby.  Several weeks ago, I joined her in her teenage obsession with The Hunger Games, and we have kept a running commentary about it ever since.  When I first texted her to ask if she had read the books, her reply was, "Are you kidding?  I AM KATNISS!" so I thought it fitting to address this letter to "The Mockingjay."  :)



I also sent a card to Jeff's grandma this past week in honor of her oldest son's birthday.  He died of cancer in 2010, and I wanted her to know we were remembering him on his birthday and thinking of her.  I want to do this type of thing more often, especially for the older members of our family.  If you think about it, our grandparents carry a lot of burdens almost entirely alone.  I want mine and Jeff's to know that we care about the people and things that are special to them.




I hope you all have a lovely weekend.  I am spending mine with my family, and I think there will be envelope making and letter writing involved.  See you next week!

4 comments:

  1. Amber you're killing meeeee! I have to make one these Moleskin babies. They look like so much fun..."sigh" . Love your card to Kelley by the way...you're right she would be a "sucker" if she fell for it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, so fun to get your comment! We definitely need to get together soon and discuss all of these possibilities! And we can try to lure Kelley in as well. :)

      Delete
  2. Love these ideas! Just need to get busy lol! How much crafting "stuff" can we all take to vacation! We must try to incorporate some craft time ~ I know Grandma Ruth really loved your card and thoughtfulness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We MUST have a crafting time during family vacation! "Have craft supplies-will travel." :) I am so glad Grandma Ruth appreciated the card. Need to keep in touch with her better (theme of my life with everyone!).

      Delete

blog comments are thoughtful . . . :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...