Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Sent: Week 1 of 52

A long-overdue letter/card for my mom (this will get its own post at a later date because I want to show you what's inside!) . . .




















The care package I put together for my cousin for after her knee surgery (more on that later as well) . . .


And this letter for my friend Gina.


I spent a little time Saturday morning just writing, and it felt so nice.


I love making little notes and cards and creating, but I sometimes miss just sitting down to write a long, chatty letter.  So that's what I did Saturday.  And--amazingly--I even stamped it and walked it right out to the mailbox immediately after I wrote it.  It felt like such an accomplishment!  I would love to make this a Saturday morning ritual.  It was a calm, lovely way to start the weekend, and I felt like I had just had a long talk with a friend . . .


Just seeing pictures of letters and mail inspires me to write.  Maybe these will do the same for you?


(It's never too late to join the 52 Weeks of Mail challenge (here on Facebook).  Let me know if you do!)

6 comments:

  1. so lovely, Amber.... You're inspiring me to write a letter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I am glad you are inspired. I stay inspired writing about it, so it's a win-win! :)

      Delete
  2. Great post! I have several letters to write this week ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On to week 2 of 52, right Donna? :)

      Delete
  3. It absolutely made my day! Thank you for inspiring me, thank you for giving me something other than a bill or a glossy sales magazine to open yesterday:-) lylas, Gina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy!! You are very, very welcome. LYLAS! Love it! :)

      Delete

blog comments are thoughtful . . . :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...